Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discontent Over Lack of Bells & Whistles

1. | #31

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    You're wrong about the PGN viewer (among other things) - it's working. Only problem is that when posting using it it is necessary to refresh the page to play through it, or play through in preview.

And obviously what little mockery was still going on here among this site's 3-4 posts a day had no impact on our site owner's decision to upgrade; if it had it would have happened long ago.
    but this site does have a Tribute to Deceased Chessplayers thread, that would be bulging if kept up to date. It is the only such thread in Australia

2. | #32

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    but this site does have a Tribute to Deceased Chessplayers thread, that would be bulging if kept up to date. It is the only such thread in Australia
    Thank you for that observation AC.

As a matter of fact I was recently walking past a graveyard recently and noticed a very old grave from the early 1800's. The stone said "be it remembered ..." and I thought to myself, no one is alive today to remember the chap who lies here. The only proof in today's world that he ever existed is this old worn out tomb stone.
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

3. | #33

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    Thank you for that observation AC.

As a matter of fact I was recently walking past a graveyard recently and noticed a very old grave from the early 1800's. The stone said "be it remembered ..." and I thought to myself, no one is alive today to remember the chap who lies here. The only proof in today's world that he ever existed is this old worn out tomb stone.
    I hope it was not Napoleon's grave? coz many certainly remembers that chap - and that is without any tomb stone - just like JC doesn't have one

4. | #34

I am very discontented over the lack of an exclusive Coffee Lounge over here - CC is leaving this place for dead with bells and whistles. They even have a chess board in their headline main page, even if it is set up wrongly

5. | #35

If people must copy and paste annotations from TWIC they should at least give credit to their source, instead of perhaps giving the impression that it is their own analysis when it isn't.

6. | #36

If people must copy and paste annotations from TWIC they should at least give credit to their source, instead of perhaps giving the impression that it is their own analysis when it isn't.
    Can you please provide a link to the post you are talking about?

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

7. | #37

Can you please provide a link to the post you are talking about?
    Heaven forbid you spend even a minute doing the obvious and checking previous posts on the same thread when you could waste somebody else's time instead.

Post 9 of the current thread is lifted from http://www.theweekinchess.com/chessn...ip-game-7-draw
    Post 13 of the current thread is lifted from http://www.theweekinchess.com/chessn...ionship-game-8 (or from another source that lifts from there)
    Post 15 of the current thread is mostly lifted from http://theweekinchess.com/chessnews/...ter-game-9-win

Update: And this post on the other thread (why on earth have they not been merged?) is lifted from http://www.theweekinchess.com/chessn...ip-game-7-draw

In no case is the source attributed.
    Last edited by HydraTED; 22-11-13 at 04:49 PM.

8. | #38

Heaven forbid you spend even a minute doing the obvious and checking previous posts on the same thread when you could waste somebody else's time instead.
    Its hardly an emergency. In any event, the website you gave shows a download link, so people (presumably) are entitled to download the pgn and do as they see fit with it. I am not going to bust the chops of new members for enjoying chess games, especially if they haven't done anything wrong.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

9. | #39

In any event, the website you gave shows a download link, so people (presumably) are entitled to download the pgn and do as they see fit with it.
    The right to download is not the same as the right to republish without attribution and even the most incompetent lawyer would know that. Which part of "All material The Week In Chess" was too long for you to understand?

10. | #40

The right to download is not the same as the right to republish without attribution and even the most incompetent lawyer would know that. Which part of "All material The Week In Chess" was too long for you to understand?
    You are assuming the person putting the game up is for sure a different person than the TWIC person who made the annotations, when in fact I suspect we are dealing with the same chap. Hence there is no issue. Now settle down and stop being a trouble maker.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

11. | #41

[FONT=Georgia]You are assuming the person putting the game up is for sure a different person than the TWIC person who made the annotations, when in fact I suspect we are dealing with the same chap.
    What you claim to suspect is irrelevant. No-one with a clue is going to believe that the respected and busy editor of a major commercial chess website is going to potentially deprive himself of advertising revenue by posting his annotations on a nearly dead Australian forum, without even linking to his site, when he does not otherwise post them outside his site.

Seriously you could not have responded more stupidly to my post if I hired you to do so for me. Thanks for digging your own hole deeper yet again. But it is interesting that you seem to think the three posters who plagiarised TWIC are all the same person!

12. | #42

What you claim to suspect is irrelevant. No-one with a clue is going to believe that the respected and busy editor of a major commercial chess website is going to potentially deprive himself of advertising revenue by posting his annotations on a nearly dead Australian forum, without even linking to his site, when he does not otherwise post them outside his site.

Seriously you could not have responded more stupidly to my post if I hired you to do so for me. Thanks for digging your own hole deeper yet again. But it is interesting that you seem to think the three posters who plagiarised TWIC are all the same person!
    Its actually you who look stupid here Kevin. Mark Crowther has stated in an email to me that he is happy for the games to be put on OzChess.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

13. | #43

Its actually you who look stupid here Kevin. Mark Crowther has stated in an email to me that he is happy for the games to be put on OzChess.
    So now your story changes already; previously you said you suspected he put them up himself and now you admit he clearly didn't. Not a strong position from which to lecture anyone else on looking stupid. Even if he has said this in retrospect, the proper thing to do is to give credit at the time and failure to do so (thus creating a false impression of writing them oneself) remains plagiarism.
    Last edited by HydraTED; 22-11-13 at 10:22 PM. Reason: add last 16 words

14. | #44

Alex, you are beginning to look like Eddie Obeid re who knew and said what? Has he been giving you lessons?

15. | #45

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Alex, you are beginning to look like Eddie Obeid re who knew and said what? Has he been giving you lessons?
    Don't feed the trolls AC. Or, if you are going to, at least do it over there. Because I had done such a good job of ignoring him for a long period time, I forgot that fighting with Kevin is the most pointless activity ever. It was a good reminder.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread since 03-06-20, 01:18 AM : 0

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)  (Clear Date)

There are no names to display.