Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ozchess Classifieds - Debaters Wanted Urgently - Good Conditions !

1. | #16

Quote Originally Posted by jdsingle View Post
    Yeah, I propose you come down to the states and experience these freezing ass cold temperatures. If anything I think my winters are getting longer and summer shorter.
    When complex systems are in dynamic equilibrium we become used to their normal fluctuations. When those systems are perturbed sufficiently they transition through a short period of chaotic behaviour and then settle into a new dynamic equilibrium. During the chaotic transition the standard deviations for most determinable parameters increase greatly.

Therefore, the unusual weather you are experiencing is consistent with the early stages of chaotic behaviour. Expect more of these unusually hot/cold/wet/dry/long/short weather events.
    The individual is hopeless without the group.
    The group is hopeless without its individuals.

2. | #17
    Currently playing online chess at different locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    When complex systems are in dynamic equilibrium we become used to their normal fluctuations. When those systems are perturbed sufficiently they transition through a short period of chaotic behaviour and then settle into a new dynamic equilibrium. During the chaotic transition the standard deviations for most determinable parameters increase greatly.

Therefore, the unusual weather you are experiencing is consistent with the early stages of chaotic behaviour. Expect more of these unusually hot/cold/wet/dry/long/short weather events.
    Well said Icon. However, you are wasting your time talking to these people they don't understand how it works. Let them believe what they want to believe, adaptive evolution will take care of their belief system.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

3. | #18

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    Well said Icon. However, you are wasting your time talking to these people they don't understand how it works. Let them believe what they want to believe, adaptive evolution will take care of their belief system.
    I know this is not directed at me considering I have not said I don't believe the Earth is warming. Furthermore, I actually happen to be an Environmental Scientist in the United States and am well versed with how Green House gases affect our atmosphere. Any statement I have or will make about Global Warming is in regards to the United States Democratic party using it as a political weapon in their arsenal.

An article below will enlighten a lot of you I hope.

A Scientist, His Work and a Climate Reckoning
    Camel - Welcome to flavour country!

4. | #19

An article below will enlighten a lot of you I hope.

A Scientist, His Work and a Climate Reckoning
    Interesting article indeed, with the important quote:

"However, the contrarians who have most influenced Congress are a handful of men trained in atmospheric physics. They generally accept the rising carbon dioxide numbers, they recognize that the increase is caused by human activity, and they acknowledge that the earth is warming in response. But they doubt that it will warm nearly as much as mainstream scientists say, arguing that the increase is likely to be less than two degrees Fahrenheit, a change they characterize as manageable."

The main problem is the proposed Green policies that don't make sense even within the most alarming models IPCC proposed (that were later found wrong).
    One example - Greens oppose nuclear energy which (while more expensive then coal) is cheaper then wind and solar and can be used as a base load (unlike either solar or wind). hey also disregard the huge negative impact of wind farm on environment, and the fact that it's very limited (unless we want to make the planet uninhabitable).

But the Greens (who are regularly fall fro dihydromonoxide prank, latest being Cancun conference) don't want a logical analysis.
    For private coaching (IM, four times Vic champion) email IgorGoldenberg@bluebottle.com
    Computer tells you what to play, a good coach explains why.

5. | #20

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Goldenberg View Post
    Interesting article indeed, with the important quote:

"However, the contrarians who have most influenced Congress are a handful of men trained in atmospheric physics. They generally accept the rising carbon dioxide numbers, they recognize that the increase is caused by human activity, and they acknowledge that the earth is warming in response. But they doubt that it will warm nearly as much as mainstream scientists say, arguing that the increase is likely to be less than two degrees Fahrenheit, a change they characterize as manageable."

The main problem is the proposed Green policies that don't make sense even within the most alarming models IPCC proposed (that were later found wrong).
    One example - Greens oppose nuclear energy which (while more expensive then coal) is cheaper then wind and solar and can be used as a base load (unlike either solar or wind). hey also disregard the huge negative impact of wind farm on environment, and the fact that it's very limited (unless we want to make the planet uninhabitable).

But the Greens (who are regularly fall fro dihydromonoxide prank, latest being Cancun conference) don't want a logical analysis.
    We can further call the Greens out on their proposals, especially where I live, for fracking. Anyone knowledgeable on the subject matter knows how damaging it is to the environment, the health risks for anyone living near the wells, and the amount of oil burned in just obtaining the natural gas. I am all for Nuclear energy. Hell of a lot cleaner than coal (as long as there are no melt downs or anything) lol.

6. | #21

We can further call the Greens out on their proposals, especially where I live, for fracking. Anyone knowledgeable on the subject matter knows how damaging it is to the environment, the health risks for anyone living near the wells, and the amount of oil burned in just obtaining the natural gas.
    I am not knowledgeable at all on the subject, but why is it Greens fault?

I am all for Nuclear energy. Hell of a lot cleaner than coal (as long as there are no melt downs or anything) lol.
    I think the risk of meltdown is almost negligible now (even though storing the waste might be a bit more difficult that many think - and more expensive if done properly).
    BTW, radioactivity level near the nuclear station is lower then near coal power station!
    For private coaching (IM, four times Vic champion) email IgorGoldenberg@bluebottle.com

7. | #22

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Goldenberg View Post
    I am not knowledgeable at all on the subject, but why is it Greens fault?

I think the risk of meltdown is almost negligible now (even though storing the waste might be a bit more difficult that many think - and more expensive if done properly).
    BTW, radioactivity level near the nuclear station is lower then near coal power station!
    They are pushing for us to convert to Natural Gas since it burns a lot cleaner than coal. However, the amount of damage done to the environment by Hydraulic Fracturing is monumental and a lot more hazardous to the masses (drinking water) than mining for coal.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

8. | #23

They are pushing for us to convert to Natural Gas since it burns a lot cleaner than coal. However, the amount of damage done to the environment by Hydraulic Fracturing is monumental and a lot more hazardous to the masses (drinking water) than mining for coal.
    Still a long bow IMO, but I see what you mean.

9. | #24

See what I mean Ax. I'm letting each side fight each other, and I'll take on the winner while they are down and low in numbers.

10. | #25

Quote Originally Posted by Chesschat View Post
    See what I mean Ax. I'm letting each side fight each other, and I'll take on the winner while they are down and low in numbers.
    Trump's Apprentice
    Last edited by Axiom; 25-12-10 at 11:00 PM.
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

11. | #26

. I am all for Nuclear energy. Hell of a lot cleaner than coal (as long as there are no melt downs or anything) lol.
    Agreed. Money should be being poured into thorium reactor technology. Way less waste and way more of it.

12. | #27

2 weeks into work - pay rise demanded

Where is Axiom profit - time to scrape the barrel?

13. | #28

Quote Originally Posted by Chesschat View Post
    I apologize but your post deserves this:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12