Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New CAQ Council 2008

1. | #31

Quote Originally Posted by lotlizard View Post
    so what does the q stand for then?

and isn't "fools" supposed to be unparliamentary on here?
    Yes it was a mistake, the Q in CAQ is for Queensland. (Not Brisbane).
    If I cannot use the word fools then please tell me the word I can use to use about a group who fail to look after the areas out side of Brisbane?
    Once Qld had chess clubs all over Qld. All these regional clubs now have no faith in the CAQ any more due to years of being second always to Brisbane. The CAQ has also lost the faith with Brisbane clubs who refuse to run Open Tournaments. Clubs such as The Gap. Townsville once a great club has no faith in the CAQ, Suncoast also once a great club has no faith in the CAQ. In fact I do not know of a club that has faith in the CAQ any more.

All the good people have left it to the short sited ***** that control the CAQ now and their adviser GHD.

2. | #32

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Yes it was a mistake, the Q in CAQ is for Queensland. (Not Brisbane).
    If I cannot use the word fools then please tell me the word I can use to use about a group who fail to look after the areas out side of Brisbane?
    Once Qld had chess clubs all over Qld. All these regional clubs now have no faith in the CAQ any more due to years of being second always to Brisbane. The CAQ has also lost the faith with Brisbane clubs who refuse to run Open Tournaments. Clubs such as The Gap. Townsville once a great club has no faith in the CAQ, Suncoast also once a great club has no faith in the CAQ. In fact I do not know of a club that has faith in the CAQ any more.

All the good people have left it to the short sited ***** that control the CAQ now and their adviser GHD.

I can't recall the last time the CAQ spent money sponsoring an event that was not in Brisbane or Southeast Queensland. I agree that significantly more money needs to flow to North Queensland. You are spot on.

Best

AO
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

3. | #33

Default CAQ Secretary ?

Has Borris (Brian Thomas) resigned as CAQ Sectretary?. Last CAQ minutes has a new Secretary ?????

4. | #34

Has Boris (Brian Thomas) resigned as CAQ Sectretary?. Last CAQ minutes has a new Secretary ?????
    I don't know if Brian resigned Rex, but that is a very astute observation you have made. I do know that Brian Thomas was often tardy with getting the CAQ Minutes out on the webite after council meetings. Perhaps the rest of the council got fed up about it and asked him to leave. I really don't know.

That said, I long for the days when Bill Powell was at the helm of the CAQ. Things were really moving in the right direction at that time.

Best Regards,

AO

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

5. | #35

Default CAQ down to 3 votes??

If you read the last CAQ minutes you will find that only 3 people are voting. What a joke.

6. | #36

Default CAQ going down hill.

This is the result of a bunch of nasty people that have chased away all the good people. They have no idea how to run a State Association only how to sink the boot into people. George Lester is now in danger of being tossed out and he has supported G. Gray in the past. Gray and Young will destroy the CAQ the way they are going.

7. | #37

Looking at the last for posts, it is a case of the blind leading the blind.

It is quite clearly shown as item 1.2 of the August 2008 CAQ minutes that Brian resigned as Secretary and VP.

At 6.3 it notes that Patrick Byrom is the new Secretary.

Those same minutes also show at 1.1 the appointment of Michael Corner as Junior Chess Coordinator and as such there are some motions later in the meeting where 4 people are voting.

8. | #38

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos View Post

It is quite clearly shown as item 1.2 of the August 2008 CAQ minutes that Brian resigned as Secretary and VP.

Those same minutes also show at 1.1 the appointment of Michael Corner as Junior Chess Coordinator and as such there are some motions later in the meeting where 4 people are voting.
    I can't say I am up to date with the latest CAQ news, but I do know that in the past when Keiron Milligan was the CAQ Junior Coordinator, the rest of council resolved not to allow him to vote as a regular council member nor did he have to attend the regular meetings. So if Mr Corner is voting in that same capacity that is an interesting and unexpected development.

Best Regards,

AO

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

9. | #39

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant-One View Post
    I can't say I am up to date with the latest CAQ news, but I do know that in the past when Keiron Milligan was the CAQ Junior Coordinator, the rest of council resolved not to allow him to vote as a regular council member nor did he have to attend the regular meetings. So if Mr Corner is voting in that same capacity that is an interesting and unexpected development.
    Not being up to date on CAQ news did not stop you making the false claim that Rex made "a very astute observation" when in fact he was actually unobservant. The facts were easily discernible from the minutes.

10. | #40

1.1 had a vote of 3-0 as Michael was not a voting member.
    Q.
    Why did Brian resign?
    6. Ratification of email decisions. What are they? Is this a closed shop? The members should be told what decisions have been made.

11. | #41

1.1 had a vote of 3-0 as Michael was not a voting member.
    So what.
    Your original comment implied that all decisions were made by only 3 people.
    I showed that was not the case.
    6. Ratification of email decisions. What are they? Is this a closed shop? The members should be told what decisions have been made.
    I see you are as unobservant as ever.
    The email motions are listed as items 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3.

12. | #42

So what.
    Your original comment implied that all decisions were made by only 3 people.
    I showed that was not the case.
    I see you are as unobservant as ever.
    The email motions are listed as items 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3.
    Bill you are too abrasive and not a very friendly soul. But maybe you can tell me this. In the last CAQ minutes it says this -

5 Ratification of Email Decisions
    5.1 That the CAQ pays the application fees for any CAQ-approved application for an IA or FA title.

Hasn't Garvin Gray been seeking IA status for ages, and he voted to support that the CAQ pays the related fees for this. I ask how appropriate that was and whether he should have noticed the potential conflict of interest and abstained?

He once directly requested that the CAQ pay for his IA training costs and the council refused. Now he seems to have gotten this down behind the scene. What's wrong Bill - cat got your tongue?
    Last edited by CarrierPigeon; 03-12-08 at 06:19 PM.

13. | #43

Why did the portly Brian Thomas resign so quickly from the CAQ council? The grapevine of information says Brian won't talk about it, even though several individuals have gone out of their way to seek an explanation from him.

14. | #44

This pigeon thinks that Allan Menham from Bundaberg was fully entitled to have his travel costs met by the CAQ as he comes all the way in from Bundaberg.
    But the CAQ council did not pass that motion and it failed. How very odd that a good chap like Allan is discouraged in this way from attending Brisbane based CAQ council meetings, perhaps because he is friends with folk who are not in Garvin Gray's fan club?

15. | #45

Quote Originally Posted by Carrier Pigeon View Post
    This pigeon thinks that Allan Menham from Bundaberg was fully entitled to have his travel costs met by the CAQ as he comes all the way in from Bundaberg.
    But the CAQ council did not pass that motion and it failed. How very odd that a good chap like Allan is discouraged in this way from attending Brisbane based CAQ council meetings, perhaps because he is friends with folk who are not in Garvin Gray's fan club?
    Please quote the supposed failed motion you are referring to.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast