Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MCC just cant win...

1. | #31

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    I don't think Leonid Sandler has anything against MCC Grant.

However, I do think that ChessVictoria, as an institution has two themes running through its executive.

1) They are generally anti David Cordover.
    2) Box Hill CC still has the dominating power on the executive.

Personally I would be more concerned that the ACF president brokered a deal with Box Hill CCs former president to test the dgt boards for the Geelong Australian championship without notifying any other club. It may not look like such a big thing, but it pretty much shows that MCC is always being left out of the equation. Gary Wastell simply has to go as ACF President. When he was Chessvictoria President he was anti MCC. His ghost still haunts Chess Victoria to this very day.
    Is this the issue about GM Rogers turning against Gary Wastell. Was GM Johansen(?) from the MCC and so maybe was not supported that much? What was GM Rogers beef with Gary all about?

2. | #32

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Is this the issue about GM Rogers turning against Gary Wastell. Was GM Johansen(?) from the MCC and so maybe was not supported that much? What was GM Rogers beef with Gary all about?
    Hey genius, you realize Firegoat7's post is from 2011? Think maybe the composition of Chess Victoria may have changed in that time thus making that post no longer relevant?
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

3. | #33

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    Hey genius, you realize Firegoat7's post is from 2011? Think maybe the composition of Chess Victoria may have changed in that time thus making that post no longer relevant?
    Well only last Doebel GM Rogers snobbed his life membership because Gary was handling out the goodies - all this bloodletting in front of Kasparov mind you. What a disgrace. You could not smooth icing over a cake

4. | #34

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    And don't you think also that maybe FG7,8,&9 may have changed his position of defending MCC - you know pulling up stumps at MCC - making your post no longer relevant, ha ha

5. | #35

Default Date today is 24 January 2016

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist 27 June 2013 View Post
    it is sad that it has become to this. Probably over the barring of the Black Ant and FG being loyal to his mate. If as GRant states he insisted of inserting ""until further notice"' in the ban then he was also trying to be reasonable. But FG sees things in black and white too much. And I don't think that BA really wanted FG to go out on branch for him. All good intentions all regrettable. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted

[21-01-16 09:32 PM] HydraTED
    : Can't see I've seen much sign of him in that universe lately

[21-01-16 09:33 PM] HydraTED
    : Australian Champs held in the middle of his home city, where was he, not even at the blitz!
    The ban is still operative, and a different resolution is being pursued.

6. | #36

It is the young Beaumonts I feel most sorry for.

7. | #37
    Currently playing online chess at different locations.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOp sleeper View Post
    The ban is still operative, and a different resolution is being pursued.
    What does PsyOp sleeper know that we don't know? Seems a strange time to start this thread again. What is important about the 24th of January?
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

8. | #38

It is the young Beaumonts I feel most sorry for.
    Yeah for sure....banned by proxy, I guess it was a family membership!

9. | #39

What does PsyOp sleeper know that we don't know? Seems a strange time to start this thread again. What is important about the 24th of January?
    The significance of the date is to assist the reader appreciate how long this dispute has been unresolved.
    An outsider would have expected at the time of the vote that 3 months for fg7 on he sidelines might be proportionate hiatus. But here we are over 2 years later and no further resolved for any of the three dockers.

PsyOP sleeper does not know any more than you know; but he is known for resurrecting cold cases.

ps..make that 5 dockers in view of a/c's question.

10. | #40

I thought the sound of recent posts after the Aust Champ Blitz entry denial that there were other newer issues outstanding. Maybe I gleamed that was from anonymous posts. I guess that due to the written apology not received in a reasonable time it sort of timed out so the issue has to be completely looked at anew or now a locked book never to be re-opened. The keys thrown away. Unlike when JC was crucified then re-appearing after a few days for a kebab.

11. | #41

I thought the sound of recent posts after the Aust Champ Blitz entry denial that there were other newer issues outstanding. Maybe I gleamed that was from anonymous posts. I guess that due to the written apology not received in a reasonable time it sort of timed out so the issue has to be completely looked at anew or now a locked book never to be re-opened. The keys thrown away. Unlike when JC was crucified then re-appearing after a few days for a kebab.
    My reading of the same posts indicates there are no new issues tabled. Although the SB post in #35 above shows someone from chesschat willing to dance on fg7's grave.
    Agree that the issue needs a fresh pair of eyes; because, surely, no party expected the current outcomes for 5 in the dock.

Loved your other analogies; you are good at analogies. It can be an acquired taste.

12. | #42

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOp sleeper View Post
    Agree that the issue needs a fresh pair of eyes; because, surely, no party expected the current outcomes for 5 in the dock.
    There are always direct and indirect consequences for actions. Without exaggeration, I would suggest the actual number is a figure between 10-50 in the dock. Of course it could still be argued that this is a positive, from a certain perspective, but you would think 2 1/2 years is enough time to reflect on the course chosen.

13. | #43

Default When a suspension turns into an expulsion.

There are always direct and indirect consequences for actions. ....
    An interesting aspect arising from such a long and indeterminate period of enforced absence is that what was anticipated to be a cooling off and remorse period is now morphing into a pseudo-expulsion from membership.
    This transmogrifying is not without legal meaning and implication within the Model Rules for Incorporation.
    In Victoria, incorporation requires either adoption of the Model Rules, or alternatively, a motion of acceptance of the local variation.
    It would be one or the other for MCC.
    Whichever, the rules for expulsion are a lot different than the rules for suspension.

It would be unlikely that the processes for these three instances of suspension would be rigorous enough to pass the requirements for expulsion.

14. | #44

First do a stocktake - whose and how many noses has FG put out of joint? Were they important noses and do they get a vote?

15. | #45

First do a stocktake - whose and how many noses has FG put out of joint? Were they important noses and do they get a vote?
    The posts made here do not say who voted which way. But what is here indicates that proxies were lodged and acted on the President.
    Frankly, I doubt the ethics of any member who hands his proxy to another; in the sense, how can the member be sure that the proxy is acted on in the direction that the member is comfortable with. If the proxy-giving member has not heard the two sides of the issue then that member is uninformed, purely and simply. Where would such a proxy-giving member hear both sides but by attending the SGM? So, proxies are on the nose in my view.
    It is not just my view though.
    The Model Rules don't allow proxies to counted for certain SGM issues. Expulsion is one of those categories by my reading.
    If the proxies were not counted then the 75% thresh-hold would have been missed by the length of the straight. fg7 would have not been disciplined by due process.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast