Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1118

Thread: Bullying on Chess Chat

1. | #991
    Currently playing online chess at different locations.

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    I am not posting as an ACF official. You need to learn not to dish out abuse and ridiculous criticisms if you do not want to be criticised in turn. This is a very simple point but one you never get.
    What a dumb defence. If you were not an ACF official it would make some sense, but unfortunately you have a vested interest that you always need to defend. On your second point, nobody personally attacks people more then yourself, in fact, you basically make most conversations a dumb personal attack so your position is untenable.
    *yawn* Just remember you were only saved from a very likely criminal conviction because I didn't bother reporting your violence threat. Now bow down and say thankyou.
    What a load of bullshit.
    You've been saying we're consistently awful. Now you're just saying we're usually mediocre.
    If you think mediocre is acceptable then that shows where the ACF is as an organisation.

And here you go shifting the goalpost because you're losing, something you do all the time.
    Its just you playing an imaginary philosophical semantic game inside your own head as usual.
    AC: 20-6-20-> ...I did tell them how chess improves people in many aspects. I had better start buying their paper.

2. | #992

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    If you were not an ACF official it would make some sense, but unfortunately you have a vested interest that you always need to defend.
    The term "vested" is ambiguous and may sound like I have a financial conflict of interest. Not the case or if anything the reverse. And if you can post a criticism of the ACF that is overwhelmingly coherent, factual, rational and consistent with your past attacks you will find I don't defend the ACF against it at all. However, you would not get near that standard in a million billion posts since you are utterly hopeless with facts and overcook your attacks because of bias.

On your second point, nobody personally attacks people more then yourself, in fact, you basically make most conversations a dumb personal attack so your position is untenable.
    No, we've been through this many times before. I am more or less invariably responding to personal attacks initiated by you and others. The current line of personal attacks was started by you in post 947. You jumped in to agree with and try to boost a clueless personal attack initiated by Just2Good (who then admitted he was wrong, albeit backhandedly) and groundlessly accused me of creating problems, condoning leaks, and most weirdly of all, being remiss in failing to condone cheating. After things calmed down a bit temporarily you then went back to personal attacks again in post 959 by accusing me of making silly, absurd and contradictory comments, without even trying to explain why they were any of these things, and before I'd even responded to that in post 960 by calling me a "pathetic control freak" again without making any attempt to connect this claim to your case, as well as calling ACF officebearers collectively idiots.

It is wrong to initiate an unprovoked and unwarranted personal attack. It is not wrong for the person attacked in such a way (including as part of a group) to respond by criticising the attacker.

You also must expect that if you criticise the ACF abusively and your criticism is inconsistent with a criticism you have made in the past, that this will be pointed out.

What a load of bullshit.
    I suggest that if you experiment by threatening everyone else you don't get on with over the internet, you will very soon find out otherwise.

If you think mediocre is acceptable then that shows where the ACF is as an organisation.
    If you think I agreed with your use of "mediocre" then that shows where you are as a debater. I was just pointing out that your use of "mediocre" represented a backpedal from what you had said before.

Its just you playing an imaginary philosophical semantic game inside your own head as usual.
    No, you're the one who does that. I backed up my claim with evidence. Here you go again making an attack not backed with evidence and having no force beyond your increasingly desperate imagination.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

3. | #993

Thumbs down No Clue What Kevin Refers To

... You jumped in to agree with and try to boost a clueless personal attack initiated by Just2Good (who then admitted he was wrong, albeit backhandedly) and groundlessly accused me of creating problems, condoning leaks, and most weirdly of all, being remiss in failing to condone cheating. After things calmed down a bit temporarily you then went back to personal attacks again in post 959 by accusing me of making silly, absurd and contradictory comments, without even trying to explain why they were any of these things, and before I'd even responded to that in post 960 by calling me a "pathetic control freak" again without making any attempt to connect this claim to your case, as well as calling ACF officebearers collectively idiots.
    Just to be clear, I have no clue what you are talking about. I do not engage in clueless personal attacks. When I raise criticism, often it is in the form of constructive criticism. The fact you have a real hard time recognizing that is not my problem.

ACF officials are getting high volumes of deranged ranting and threats from this person. This person appears not to be aware that Chesschat is independent of the ACF, and hence he is wasting his time.

Firstly, who is 'this person'. Secondly, if there is a wall between ACF officials and Chess Chat, then why would you raise this issue on Chess Chat. If ACF officials are getting harassing emails, then that has nothing to do with Chess Chat. So is this some sort of bid for sympathy?

Also, wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn you somehow 'inflamed' the situation with whomever this person is. That seems to be par for the course with you. And then, like now, you try pretending to be all innocent. Remember, we know you after so many years Kevin. You're not going to fool anyone on this forum.
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

4. | #994

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    [FONT=Georgia]Just to be clear, I have no clue what you are talking about.
    You having no clue is business as normal ...

I do not engage in clueless personal attacks.
    ... as is you making false claims ...

When I raise criticism, often it is in the form of constructive criticism.
    ... as is you engaging in implausible self-puffery ...

The fact you have a real hard time recognizing that is not my problem.
    ...as is you trying to blame others for you losing the argument. Only in your universe of constant blatant lies is "Once again it seems KB is power tripping and masquerading on the faintest pretext of acting legitimately." not a personal attack.

Firstly, who is 'this person'.
    Read the quoted text and you will know as much as we do. Do you really want me to mention some of his names (most of them assuredly fake) and have him spamming and threatening you over posts here again?

Secondly, if there is a wall between ACF officials and Chess Chat, then why would you raise this issue on Chess Chat.
    You have misconstrued and overestimated the extent of what you call the "wall" so your question is based on a clueless assumption. The ACF does not own Chesschat and is not responsible for content or policy there. That is all.

If ACF officials are getting harassing emails, then that has nothing to do with Chess Chat. So is this some sort of bid for sympathy?
    Don't be silly; it is just outing an individual who behaves unacceptably on the internet so that others are informed and warned.

Also, wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn you somehow 'inflamed' the situation with whomever this person is. That seems to be par for the course with you.
    What you mean is that when I am subject to threats from obnoxious individuals I will expose them so that others are warned. Actually in all my years of dealing with idiots, this particular one was among those to go most over the top without provocation. The only thing I did prior to him starting with his threats was to delete his defamatory rants once when he posted them on a completely irrelevant thread, after another moderator had locked a thread where he was being defamatory before.

Remember, we know you after so many years Kevin.
    Look, I'm good at helping trolls like you to self-destruct but that doesn't mean I did so in that case. You don't know me and you never know what's going on from one post to the next.
    Last edited by HydraTED; 02-02-20 at 07:09 PM.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

5. | #995

Post KB Not Accepting Constructive Criticism

Read the quoted text and you will know as much as we do. Do you really want me to mention some of his names (most of them assuredly fake) and have him spamming and threatening you over posts here again?
    I am going to ignore all your attempts to be vindicated based on your faulty assumptions.

However, the above quote has me a little curious. Are you saying this individual has also posted here on OzChess?

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

6. | #996

I am going to ignore all your attempts to be vindicated based on your faulty assumptions.

I didn't make any assumptions, let alone faulty ones.

However, the above quote has me a little curious. Are you saying this individual has also posted here on OzChess?
    Of course, and this again shows you have the memory of a proverbial goldfish and are out of depth when discussing any matter involving factual details.

You even emailed me to ask who he was on 16 December 2015.

7. | #997

Post Dear Kevin

Dear Kevin,

Unlike you I do not live on a Chess Forum. The chess forum is really something I pop into perhaps once or twice a week or fortnight and make a post.

By contrast, you practically live on Chess Chat, and you chronicle every single trivial thing about the place. I'm surprised you remember to leave the computer (briefly) and go eat some food every now and then, before rushing back to Chess Chat.

So when you reference some conversation we might have had from 5 years ago about some malcontent, yeah, sorry, I needed something to refresh my memory.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

8. | #998

Unlike you I do not live on a Chess Forum.
    I don't either, and if your previous claim "we know you after so many years Kevin." was even remotely true you would know this.

By contrast, you practically live on Chess Chat, and you chronicle every single trivial thing about the place.
    Rubbish. I was not even the place's highest poster by postcount last year or the year before. Last year I averaged only 3.3 Chesschat posts per day. It is not even close to being the website I spend the most time on, and again, if your claim that you know me was true, you would know this. In any case, CC is irrelevant as we were talking about the nutcase posting on this forum.

I'm surprised you remember to leave the computer (briefly) and go eat some food every now and then, before rushing back to Chess Chat.
    Well the trick is my brain works a lot faster than yours. Also, I can eat while using the computer!

So when you reference some conversation we might have had from 5 years ago about some malcontent, yeah, sorry, I needed something to refresh my memory.
    And that would be fair enough in isolation. But you have continually made completely false claims without checking them out or thinking them through, so you don't get cut any slack, and shouldn't expect any. Any case of you forgetting anything that happened less than 40 years ago is simply unforgiveable!

And, of course, we did have that conversation (not "might") - I have easily searchable email records back nearly 20 years.

9. | #999

And that would be fair enough in isolation. But you have continually made completely false claims without checking them out or thinking them through, so you don't get cut any slack, and shouldn't expect any.
    You are such a knucklehead. I wasn't even making a claim, I was asking a question based on your assertion that this person had previously posted on OzChess.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

10. | #1000

You are such a knucklehead. I wasn't even making a claim, I was asking a question based on your assertion that this person had previously posted on OzChess.
    Apparently "knucklehead" is synonymous with various of stupid, slow-witted, dummy etc. In this case (again) that would be you, since I did not say you were making a claim in this instance. Rather, I was making a point about reciprocity for your past stupid claims which was clearly way over your head.

If you're going to be such a mimophant and get all sooky about having your tenuous grasp of the history of issues noted, then I suggest you give your usual stocks in trade of baseless personal attacks, cheap trolling and shameless lies a permanent rest.

Last edited by HydraTED; 10-02-20 at 02:56 PM.

11. | #1001

Apparently "knucklehead" is synonymous with various of stupid, slow-witted, dummy etc. In this case (again) that would be you, since I did not say you were making a claim in this instance. Rather, I was making a point about reciprocity for your past stupid claims which was clearly way over your head.

If you're going to be such a mimophant and get all sooky about having your tenuous grasp of the history of issues noted, then I suggest you give your usual stocks in trade of baseless personal attacks, cheap trolling and shameless lies a permanent rest.
    There was no trolling, but you are hyper sensitive for some reason.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

12. | #1002

[FONT=Georgia]There was no trolling,
    Of course there was; it simply wasn't very good. "Remember, we know you after so many years Kevin. You're not going to fool anyone on this forum." was blatant trolling and that was only twelve days ago. I accept that you are so addled that you might not remember that far, but it's still more likely you are lying.

And you're the hypersensitive one (selectively), getting all sooky when I called you on your failures to remember details.
    Last edited by HydraTED; 16-02-20 at 01:11 PM.

13. | #1003

Thumbs down Very Silly Argument By Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    *yawn* Just remember you were only saved from a very likely criminal conviction because I didn't bother reporting your violence threat. Now bow down and say thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    What a load of bullshit.
    Yes, it is.

The funny thing would be Kevin trying to explain the the police that you live across the Tasman in a different state of Australia, and that you were clearly only joking - and that he knew it was never a real threat or something you would do in real life. I think maybe the police would have arrested Kevin at that point just for wasting their time. They'd call it something like misuse of policing resources.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

14. | #1004

The funny thing would be Kevin trying to explain the the police that you live across the Tasman in a different state of Australia, and that you were clearly only joking - and that he knew it was never a real threat or something you would do in real life.
    Ah you've lost the current point so you went digging back through the thread and found something from over a month ago that you could lose a different debate on instead. This is what it has come to when it comes to keeping your site's embarrassingly poor activity level dragging along the bottom.

As usual you are soooooo clueless. I would also have explained to the police that on a more or less annual basis I travel to the north island to attend the ACF meetings and play in the Australian Blitz. There is a long record of the threatener sometimes attending the Australian Blitz, and also some of these events are held in his home city. Obviously there is ample opportunity for him to carry out his threat someday (which was what the threat said; it didn't say tomorrow or the next week.)

15. | #1005

Thumbs down Bullying on Chess Chat

Ah you've lost the current point so you went digging back through the thread and found something from over a month ago that you could lose a different debate on instead. This is what it has come to when it comes to keeping your site's embarrassingly poor activity level dragging along the bottom.

As usual you are soooooo clueless. I would also have explained to the police that on a more or less annual basis I travel to the north island to attend the ACF meetings and play in the Australian Blitz. There is a long record of the threatener sometimes attending the Australian Blitz, and also some of these events are held in his home city. Obviously there is ample opportunity for him to carry out his threat someday (which was what the threat said; it didn't say tomorrow or the next week.)
    Okay, so what you are saying then is that you've travelled to Australian states other than Tasmania several times, and never encountered Firegoat7, let alone never had any sort of altercation with him - despite his threat from many, many years ago?

Also, the fact you travelled whilst knowing of his threat shows you never actually feared him or took the threat seriously.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 166

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)