Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Bullying on Chess Chat

1. | #901

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    He is a troll. The problem is we don't ban trolls, we out debate them. We prove their claims to be false.
    You would have trouble out-debating a random insult generator. You lack critical skills necessary for debating, such as the ability to comprehend facts and the ability to follow the birdie. You were actually banned from a chess forum for defamatory trolling of other posters so you trying to call anyone else a troll is very silly.

I guess you can take a farm animal from a Toowomba farm, bring it to Buckingham Palace, give it all the caterings and pampering.
    If you are going to attempt silly analogies about Toowoomba, you should at least learn how to spell it.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

2. | #902

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    Nobody mentioned FIDE.
    Nor did they need to. Let's just say i took the liberty.

Well it is silly that you make the mess, but it's not silly that we don't put up with it.
    Who decides what is a silly mess and what is not? You the arbiter?

If you were the moderator of an online crotchet club i might understand why you undertook such a hard line policy. However dealing with chess players, who by their very nature are most often intrinsically highly combative... You may just have missed a trick or two mate.
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

3. | #903

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    Who decides what is a silly mess and what is not?
    You signing up hundreds of accounts to try to circumvent bans, lying to try to circumvent bans and taking over accounts of others all added up to a silly mess by definition. You could have simply followed the directions of site staff regarding how you should post to avoid further action and you would have been able to continue posting with a high degree of liberty.

However dealing with chess players, who by their very nature are most often intrinsically highly combative... You may just have missed a trick or two mate.
    You may have missed that most chess players are combative at the board but interact reasonably with others off it. Also, chess players tend to play by the rules, not break them repeatedly and then whine because they were thrown out of the tournament.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

4. | #904
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED
    You signing up hundreds of accounts to try to circumvent bans, lying to try to circumvent bans and taking over accounts of others all added up to a silly mess by definition.
    Others might say it is a classic case of dissent.

[quote=Dictionary] dissent
    /dɪˈsɛnt/
    noun: dissent

the holding or expression of opinions at variance with those commonly or officially held.
    "there was no dissent from this view"

You could have simply followed the directions of site staff regarding how you should post to avoid further action and you would have been able to continue posting with a high degree of liberty.
    Missing the point of liberty. In fact by dissenting against Chesschats authority Axiom exercised his liberty. And in doing so Axiom joined a more tolerant chess community.

You may have missed that most chess players are combative at the board but interact reasonably with others off it.
    Another clear case of cognitive dissonance, unless of course Bonham is not a chess player.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

5. | #905

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    Others might say it is a classic case of dissent.
    Some others might say any silly babble, especially here. But the fact is that one can easily hold and express opinions at variance without breaking CC rules in the process. We even have a thread that people can do it on. So far from being a classic case of dissent, what it really is is a pigheaded refusal to compromise with the reasonable wishes of others, followed by a string of pointless acts of defiance.

Missing the point of liberty. In fact by dissenting against Chesschats authority Axiom exercised his liberty.
    You wouldn't know the first thing about liberty. You have persistently failed to understand that CC is a privately owned internet forum. The liberty to post there belongs to the site owner and anyone to whom the owner extends that liberty, including indirectly through the appointment of moderators who approve signups and ban misbehaving posters. There is no liberty to break the rules on someone else's forum and get away with it, just as there is no liberty to walk into someone else's house and start behaving however you like there no matter what they think. Banning a misbehaving poster from a privately owned internet forum is an exercise of the forum owner's liberty.

Another clear case of cognitive dissonance, unless of course Bonham is not a chess player.
    Another clear case of firegoat throwing around cliched attack words, the real meanings of which are way beyond his feeble understanding.

6. | #906
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

But the fact is that one can easily hold and express opinions at variance without breaking CC rules in the process.
    And yet Axiom chose to push the boundaries of Chesschats authority and exercise his own liberty on the matter. Axiom then decided to join another Chess community called Ozchess which is tolerant of his behaviour. One could even suggest he has been a model citizen on Ozchess. Axiom seems quite justified in suggesting that a lifetime ban from Chesschat was an authoritarian over reaction.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

7. | #907

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    And yet Axiom chose to push the boundaries of Chesschats authority and exercise his own liberty on the matter. Axiom then decided to join another Chess community called Ozchess which is tolerant of his behaviour. One could even suggest he has been a model citizen on Ozchess. Axiom seems quite justified in suggesting that a lifetime ban from Chesschat was an authoritarian over reaction.
    What a ridiculous argument. He is only a "model citizen" in the sense that his behaviour has been approved of by a bunch of other reprobates who also had CC misbehaviour records as long as your arm, and who are biased apologists for their fellow banned members.

In fact Axiom's behaviour here has continued to show he would be unfit for readmission to CC without appropriate controls. He has, for instance, posted Hitler-apologism.

Furthermore, your history is misleading. It makes it sound as if Axiom only joined this site after he was permanently evicted from CC. In fact he joined this site in August 2007 and was not permanently banned from CC until September 2009.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Members who have read this thread : 166

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)