Thread: Anti - Ozchess Talk By Members

1. | #1

Default Anti - Ozchess Talk By Members

It is my regrettable duty to have to haul 2 of our members over the coals .

Both of them imo have gone out of their way to speak ill of the forum .

Ozchess prides itself on it's free speech culture and is a beacon of light in Australia in this respect , and in no way do i want the following to deter you in any way from speaking your mind frankly.
    However i think it important to remind you of the consequences that arise organically from these types of outbursts .

Firstly Caissa Warrior Clan i'd like to bring to your attention:

1) Grant Szuveges ( MCC President ) who made the following remark :

"I prefer this forum[CC] over the other one"

Grant as custodian of the SCT legacy , need i remind you that BOTH MCC and Ozchess are homes of the SCT memory .

Please , this is a good time to tell you candidly that i and my agents are very impressed by NPCC and the SCT spirit they continue to demonstrate there , and lets just say , if a change of spiritual home of the SCT was on the cards , then NPCC would be my choice .

Now i know you understand what i'm saying , so nothing more will be said on the matter.

Secondly

2) Paul Cavezza remarked:

"" "The Other Place" (can you smell the paranoia) is no more or less silly than this place, it's just that over there you're more likely to be bombarded with youtube videos and conspiracy theories , .. "

Pab may i remind you that these so called " youtubes " as you so disdainfully refer to them are the very content that makes ozchessFM the biggest online australian chess forum radio station in the world . And there are many voiceless fans out there .... and it is our duty at ozchess to always remember the punter .

Again you err with " conspiracy theories " , the term we use here ( and tbh paul you have been here long enough to know ) is " Reality Analysis ".

Now it is a shame that both of you had to be singled out ruthlessly like this , and i would like to make it clear to fellow ozchess warrior members to not treat these two any differently as you would normally. Although i have to warn you, both grant and paul , you may experience a slight chill-cool breeze as you traverse this forum in the coming days , but this will subside quickly as we are a very forgiving people here at ozchess .

Now go on your way you two ,

you have shamed your tribe .

And just wait till The Fire hears about this !

I know he'll probably kick along with it in his cool laid back zen-like style , but make no mistake i will be advising him directly of these matters and will , yes , i will be recommending official sanctions for the pair of you !
    Last edited by Black Onyx; 12-04-12 at 03:55 AM.
    " THE BIGGER AND FATTER THE SACRED COW THE MORE I LIKE TO **** IT " ~ Seer motto

2. | #2
    Currently playing online chess at different locations.

Greetings,

Your concerns are noted Black Onyx. There are no issues over Pauls comments. However, Grant remains hypnotised by the evil despots over at CC. I am sure his mind is under their control. Remember, he does not know the history and continues to be fed the fake ACF propaganda perpetuated by Bonham and others on the site.

No elections,Life bans, arbitrary rulings on cross posting, link banning, secret rating systems etc etc
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

3. | #3

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    Greetings,

Your concerns are noted Black Onyx. There are no issues over Pauls comments. However, Grant remains hypnotised by the evil despots over at CC. I am sure his mind is under their control. Remember, he does not know the history and continues to be fed the fake ACF propaganda perpetuated by Bonham and others on the site.

No elections,Life bans, arbitrary rulings on cross posting, link banning, secret rating systems etc etc
    Many members enjoy being able to visit and post on both forums. I don't have a problem with that. Sorry Black Onyx, I don't agree with your criticism of OzChess members who visit and post on both forums.

I am a little surprised that Grant has a strong preference towards CC. But to be fair, the ACF connections on Chess Chat mean they get much more coverage of chess tournaments in Australia than OzChess - and a lot of people go to CC instead of OzChess for that reason alone. Its their draw card so to speak.

Our draw card is a better forum from a technology standpoint. Better Shoutbox, better pgn chess view, and newer version of vBulletin with cool add ons like the stats at the bottom of the forum homepage.

As for the Oz vs CC sniping, its old and tiresome. I think a lot of people are turned off by it. While we have tried hard to distance ourselves from it, trolls continue to crash our Shoutbox specifically to start quarrels with our membership, and then the merry-go-round spins again.
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

4. | #4

Hi Just2Good,

I totally agree with you that the sniping between the two chess forums is tiresome nothing more just tiresome

5. | #5

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    Hi Just2Good,

I totally agree with you that the sniping between the two chess forums is tiresome nothing more just tiresome
    Yes all those involved should be ashamed of themselves as far as i'm concerned .

I believe someone once had a dream .... http://www.ozchess.com.au/general-ch...ave-dream.html

6. | #6

Quote Originally Posted by CameronD View Post
    Yes all those involved should be ashamed of themselves as far as i'm concerned .

I believe someone once had a dream .... http://www.ozchess.com.au/general-ch...ave-dream.html
    if Pro Dawkins and Bishop Pell can have a ding dong on TV about nothing (gods) then why also can't our antagonists?