Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Australian Presidential Election

1. | #31

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    Hi Moz,

The SACA Delegate was informed to ACF a few weeks ago. There are specific reasons why SACA meeting directed the delegate to vote in a certain way which I will keep to myself. We decide all important issues at SACA meetings not by email. We have good relationships with each other and can decide most things by consensus.
    There is no reason we should follow Chess Victoria's action unless it suits and it didnt.
    I am not keen on mystery candidates who reveal themselves 30 seconds before the vote for a position or even 30 mins before hand - we dont pay our delegate - we appoint someone from SA who is playing in the tourney and whom we trust. Last year we had Lost represent SA as we didnt have a local going - we have had Phil Viner represent us before as well.
    Anyway bye for now!
    Jamie was a terrific representative for the SACA. It is true that SACA doesn't have to justify why it votes for whomever it does. But perhaps a little insight would be nice for future candidates to know.

2. | #32

Mon Capitan,
    You asked for an insight into SACA criteria for ACF President. I said before I'm not going to give you reasons for our current vote and membership of SACA committee changes at AGM (or not) so I cant predict what SACA will think in future years or what the club representatives may think. However its important that the needs of ALL chessplayers no matter there location or ability are taken into account.

Cheers!

3. | #33

Congratulations to Gary , Leonid , Kerry , Kevin and all who got elected to ACF Executive. Now all you have to do is "make a difference".

4. | #34

Congratulations to Gary , Leonid , Kerry , Kevin and all who got elected to ACF Executive. Now all you have to do is "make a difference".
    Hi George. Does this mean Brian Jones was unsuccessful?
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

5. | #35

Hi just 2 Good,
    Yes that is correct. The final vote was 13 votes each which then meant the president was to be chosen by random draw. Rather than be elected on random draw Brian then withdrew his nomination for President - this meant Gary was than duly elected.
    Kevin won on first ballot (vice president) and then Leonid got the other vice presidents position.
    Bill Gletsos was elected unopposed as Deputy -President.
    Kerry nominated as Secretary and was unopposed as I understand.
    Hope that clarifies things
    george

6. | #36

Hi just 2 Good,
    Yes that is correct. The final vote was 13 votes each which then meant the president was to be chosen by random draw. Rather than be elected on random draw Brian then withdrew his nomination for President - this meant Gary was than duly elected.
    Kevin won on first ballot (vice president) and then Leonid got the other vice presidents position.
    Kerry nominated as Secretary and was unopposed as I understand.
    Hope that clarifies things
    george
    Thank you. Your post was informative. One last question though. What happened to Dennis Jessop? Is he still on the ACF? Did he not run for a position this year?

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

7. | #37

Hi just 2 good,

Denis ran for the position of vice - president and after Kevin won on first ballot Denis then lost to Leonid. There being only 2 vice-president positions Denis is now off the ACF Executive. He could of course be the ACT ACF Councillor if he and ACT chose to do that otherwise he will no longer be on Council. There are a number of other roles to be undertaken in ACF that do not require to be on Executive or on council but whether denis would be interested in those is anyones guess.
    Denis has made considered opinions (whether you agree or not ) whilst on ACF and I hope he is not totally lost to ACF activities - his opinion was always the first sought when addressing legal and constitutional issues.
    Anyway I dont do the man justice - whatever you do Denis good luck to you!!

8. | #38

Hi just 2 good,

Denis ran for the position of vice - president and after Kevin won on first ballot Denis then lost to Leonid. There being only 2 vice-president positions Denis is now off the ACF Executive. He could of course be the ACT ACF Councillor if he and ACT chose to do that otherwise he will no longer be on Council. There are a number of other roles to be undertaken in ACF that do not require to be on Executive or on council but whether denis would be interested in those is anyones guess.
    Denis has made considered opinions (whether you agree or not ) whilst on ACF and I hope he is not totally lost to ACF activities - his opinion was always the first sought when addressing legal and constitutional issues.
    Anyway I dont do the man justice - whatever you do Denis good luck to you!!
    Thanks for the updates George. The Sandman is a fine edition to the ACF council. My only disappointments are that Brian Jones withdrew, and also that the MCC doesn't seem to have one of their club members on council.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

9. | #39
    Currently playing online chess at different locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    Thanks for the updates George. The Sandman is a fine edition to the ACF council. My only disappointments are that Brian Jones withdrew, and also that the MCC doesn't seem to have one of their club members on council.
    Look I may be wrong, but I think Kerry Stead is a MCC member.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

10. | #40

Look the guy lost his position. This is the time for him to gracefully retire from the ACF and to allow the democratic process of reform to take place. The tribe has spoken Jessop OUT!

11. | #41

Was this the same guy who was talking the whole way through the infamous Morris-Cheng first lightning play off game? Talk about a lack of professionalism

12. | #42

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    Look I may be wrong, but I think Kerry Stead is a MCC member.
    I forgot about Kerry. Yes, Kerry is a great chap. I like him. He can be the MCC's voice to the ACF!

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    This is the time for him to gracefully retire from the ACF and to allow the democratic process of reform to take place.
    Agreed. That process, though, would have been hastened if Kevin and Bill had also taken a break from the ACF. But, as the Chinese say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

13. | #43

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    I forgot about Kerry. Yes, Kerry is a great chap. I like him. He can be the MCC's voice to the ACF!

Agreed. That process, though, would have been hastened if Kevin and Bill had also taken a break from the ACF. But, as the Chinese say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
    If Kev and Bill and Denis left the place would fall apart as well as broke if your mob ran it. You just want to get your hands on those subsidised trips to represent Aussie in chess. In yer dreams

14. | #44

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    If Kev and Bill and Denis left the place would fall apart as well as broke if your mob ran it. You just want to get your hands on those subsidised trips to represent Aussie in chess. In yer dreams
    Your last post in this thread was accidentally killed when I deleted some spam posts. Sorry about that. For some reason we are getting a lot more spam this past month, but it was carelessness on my part. Hopefully you will forgive me, just like the Israeli's have forgiven the Palestinians. To answer your question though, I have no interest in joining the ACF let alone running the place. I would much rather come live with you, or get a root canal. If you like the sound of that, let me know when I can move in.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

15. | #45

the only chess players welcome in my abode are those who could give me some bloody good lessons, preferably over 2000 rating - they are all nutcases so must get something decent in return. And you must really must stop upsetting the Establishment and refrain from editing posts, though it could only inprove them

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast