Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guess your ACF rating

1. | #31

Question Worthwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamdautle View Post
    Guess Buckykatts Rating

Rules
    - The object is to guess what rating Buckykatt will give a movie.
    - Everyone starts with 10 stars. All guesses must be in 1/2 star increments.
    - Each round, players lose the number of stars equal to the error in their prediction.
    - On double feature rounds, the points you lose are calculated differently, using this formula: Error for movie 1 Error for movie 2 Error for movie 1 x Error for movie 2

Also:
    - Youre responsible for checking your score to let me know if I got it right.
    - At the beginning of each round, I will post a deadline for the next round, a movie title, and scores from the previous round. You have until that deadline to post your guess for what you think Buckykatts rating will be. To join the game, all you have to do is post a rating.
    - Currently, were planning on two movies per week with the occasional double feature, with deadlines on Mondays and Thursdays. The deadline will usually be around 8pm GMT. You may sometimes have until later than that, but I will never close a round earlier.
    - If we reach a point where only one person has a positive number of points, they will be declared the winner and will be the player whose ratings are guessed in the next game. If no players with positive points remain, the player with the highest score i.e., closest to 0 will be declared the winner. If there is a tie for the player with the highest score, a tie breaker will be played.
    - If you do not post a guess in the round, you will be given the maximum error penalty; i.e., you will lose as many points as the player who gives the farthest-off guess. If anyone misses 3 rounds in a row, theyre automatically disqualified.
    - All rules can be modified e.g., for special rounds like double features, etc. at any time by me and will be done so by a post here.

Heres how Buckykatt. sums up her rating style:
    Buckykatt
    Is this a good use of a person's time?
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

2. | #32
    Currently playing online chess at different locations.

Going to be pretty funny when the ACF labels everyones rating as unstable because of a break from the game. Glicko its a bloody joke really.
    AC: 20-6-20-> ...I did tell them how chess improves people in many aspects. I had better start buying their paper.

3. | #33

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    Going to be pretty funny when the ACF labels everyones rating as unstable because of a break from the game. Glicko its a bloody joke really.
    It has some advantages over ELO actually. Perhaps a hybrid rating formula would be better though?
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread since 24-10-20, 06:07 AM : 0

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)  (Clear Date)

There are no names to display.