Thread: RIP Hannibal Swartz

1. | #1

Default RIP Hannibal Swartz

Grant Szuveges from Chesschat:

RIP Hannibal Swartz
    I dont feel its my place to be announcing such awful news as I didnt know Hannibal, but Hannibal has also died in the same accident as Andrew Saint - on the way back from Doeberl. ...............

2. | #2

WhiteElephant from CC

Hannibal had applied for work with my chess coaching company and I had been in discussions with him, he was a very well spoken and friendly guy. I am in shock about what has happened and my thoughts are with James and Dimitry in their recovery...

3. | #3

Chris_Wallis
    from chesschat:

I first met Hannibal when he joined the Melbourne Uni chess club a year ago. He had recently taken up chess, and was passionate about all aspects of the game; I remember how each session he would bring along puzzles he had composed, which were both artistic and challenging to solve! He was very keen to improve his chess, and I was always pleased to offer advice and point him in the right direction – he became a regular not only at uni, but also at BHCC and the MCC, and already had achieved a sensational draw at GM Igor Khenkin's simul at BHCC. It's sad that my friendly correspondence games with him will now remain incomplete. Hannibal will stay on in my thoughts as the friendly and courteous person he was, and I would like to offer his family my deepest condolences. It's a terrible tragedy that he died so young; still I'm glad to have known him even for such a brief time.

4. | #4
    Currently playing online chess at different locations.

My sincerest condolences to his family. It is a terrible tragedy when someone so young leaves us in such circumstances. In my brief encounters with he seemed like such a gentle, considerate person who had thrown himself into the world of Chess with brave enthusiasm and passion.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

Members who have read this thread since 09-06-20, 01:47 PM : 0

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)  (Clear Date)

There are no names to display.