Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderation Decisions

1. | #16

Default Infraction to Kevin Bonham - Red Card!

Kevin Bonham's account Ophiuchus has received one infraction point for using the uncivil word 'dribble' to describe the viewpoint made by another member. Kevin will surely be mindful that if OzChess starts getting mean and hostile like that, it will only become a clone of CC - which I desperately seek to avoid.

If Kevin receives 3 points in total he will be banned. Points expire one week after they are accrued unless other points are added before the week has elaspsed.

For instance, Joe Bloggs gets an infraction point for uncivilness on Monday and is again uncivil on Friday and receives another point on Friday. Now both of Joe's points will expire the following Friday unless he receives this 3rd strike before then.

That's how it works. Questions are welcome in the other moderation policy thread.

Best Regards,

AO
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

2. | #17

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant-One View Post
    [FONT="Georgia"]Kevin Bonham's account Ophiuchus has received one infraction point for using the uncivil word 'dribble' to describe the viewpoint made by another member.
    I am not sure that Kevin is being "uncivil" with that one. I do not feel comfortable that OzChess may be giving KB less latitude than it is obviously giving to me with my interactions with him.

However, it is important to note that KB has not initiated infraction points upon me. If he were to do so, then infraction points for KB may well be justified.

Also, I will not support a ban on KB, or any other regular poster.
    The individual is hopeless without the group.
    The group is hopeless without its individuals.

3. | #18

Default Deep Breaths

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    I am not sure that Kevin is being "uncivil" with that one. I do not feel comfortable that OzChess may be giving KB less latitude than it is obviously giving to me with my interactions with him.

However, it is important to note that KB has not initiated infraction points upon me. If he were to do so, then infraction points for KB may well be justified.

Also, I will not support a ban on KB, or any other regular poster.
    Okay, everybody please remain calm and take some deep breaths!

Kevin was only awarded one point for his very uncivil word. If it were allowed without any infraction being awarded, the mop and bucket references that your mate Gletsos is so fond of would surely follow.

Kevin was only awarded one (1) infraction point, which will expire in a week if he does not engage in uncivil behaviour. He was not awarded multiple points, only one. A friendly tap on the shoulder, if you will, to say 'mate, please step back behind the red line'.

As for yourself, yes, Kevin sent me a sooky PM requesting that you also receive one infraction point. In my view its a very borderline call, so whatever you think is fair (ie. that one point should be given to you or zero points given to you) I will do.

Best Regards,

AO

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

4. | #19

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant-One View Post
    As for yourself, yes, Kevin sent me a sooky PM requesting that you also receive one infraction point. In my view its a very borderline call, so whatever you think is fair I will do.
    As much as I detest KB, he is a regular poster and as such, if he reckons an infraction point is in order, then it is in order.
    The individual is hopeless without the group.
    The group is hopeless without its individuals.

5. | #20

In the spirit of Australia Day, Kevin and Bill are removed from the Admonished Users usergroup.

As my year 6 teacher would say "Its okay for everyone to play marbles with Kevin and Bill again".

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

6. | #21

Due to Kevin Bonham's deplorable attempt to use this site and Chess Chat to organize gambling wagers on the outcome of chess games, I have placed him back into the Admonished Users usergroup for a week.

Because Bill Gletsos did not raise any concerns about this conduct, or chastise Kevin for his disappointing recent conduct, BG will also serve a few days in the Admonished Users usergroup.

MOZ has also raised a valid point that KB is deliberately trying to inconvenience posters here by not using his account to post here, and instead posting on CC where everyone gets the run around. That in itself justifies his latest sin bin penalty.

However, I am reasonable. So if KB ends this silly charade and responds to Phil here on OzChess, both he and BG will come out of the Admonished Users usergroup.

Best Regards,

AO

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

7. | #22

Bill and Kevin - back in the sin bin for a week. See this post for details.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

8. | #23

Nadia is banned permanently. It is obviously a spambot, however, for a few days at least I will let the posts made by Nadia stay up. Its really quite well done for a spambot actually, because the posts somehow relate to the thread title or the post immediately before it. Take a look for yourself.

Best Regards,

AO

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

9. | #24

Kevin Bonham and Bill Gletsos are back in the Admonished Users usergroup for a week. If Kevin continues to use Smilies in an inappropriate way, he will remain in the usergroup for longer than a week.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

10. | #25

Kevin and Bill are removed from the Admonished Users usergroup. Upon reflection I probably overreacted and, on OzChess, we are not too proud to own up to our mistakes and correct them. So, sorry for overreacting Kevin and Bill.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

11. | #26

Kevin Bonham is back in the Admonished Users usergroup for a week for not being open minded about unbanning Axiom.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

12. | #27

Thumbs down Kevin Bonbot Back in Admonished Usergroup!

Kevin Bonham will spend one week in the Admonished Users usergroup for banning Axiom for a ridiculous reason, and then having a go at him on Chess Chat (where Axiom is unable to defend himself).

Kevin's preoccupation with OzChess is perplexing as he never posts here anymore, and simply observes us and then complains about us on CC. One wonders why he bothers to show up here at all, and many of us (myself included) simply wish he would go away.

Anyway, he is directed to refrain from further criticizing a genuine Siberian Chess Tiger like Axiom. By now he realizes it was a dumb mistake for him to ban Axiom, but is too proud to own up to that and unban him. I wish I could help offer him a solution where he could unban Axiom and save face, but sadly this is beyond my ability.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

13. | #28

Default Bill Gletsos Banned For 7 Days

Bill Gletsos has been banned for 7 days being confrontational and aggressive in his dealing with other members of this site, and failing to agree to Firegoat7's reasonable requests.

Bill needs to learn that OzChess is about civility, not bullying. While I am reluctant to ban anyone, some people simply don't listen to reasonable warnings provided to them - and, accordingly, they leave the staff members here with little choice.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

14. | #29

Default Bill & Kevin Banned for 24 Hours

Bill and Kevin are banned for 24 hours for leaking information from OzChess to their site.

Also, a new forum (Chess Victoria - Election Coverage) and category entitled:

Chess (Games, Analysis, Playing Situations, and Related)

have been added to OzChess. The new look is fresh and exciting.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

15. | #30

Default Arguing the Toss

Kevin has sent me an email claiming he does not believe that the private message he sent to Thomas Bishop is harassing. My view on the other hand is quite contrary, but I have removed my previous post in this thread and referred the matter onto OzChess' moderators on the off chance Kevin might be correct.

I was wrong not to do that in the first place as the last thing I want to do is undermine the authority of our new moderators (so I apologize to them for that).

In the interim I will remove Kevin from the Admonished Users usergroup, unless the moderators ask that Kevin be placed back there pending their decision.

I have also asked Kevin to send a copy of the PM he sent to Thomas Bishop to the moderators so they can evaluate whether it was of a harassing nature or not.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast