who can compose a longer mate ?

kindly regards
    Lutz

2. | #2

Do you mean a checkmate in 5 moves?
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

3. | #3

Didn't someone resign a game maybe on move 1 because 24 moves later they could see checkmate?
    Last edited by antichrist; 08-01-15 at 02:51 AM.

4. | #4

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    Do you mean a checkmate in 5 moves?
    No , I mean who can compose a mate-problem with more than 551 moves to mate , because at the moment my worldrecord with #551 in unbroken .

kindly regards
    Lutz

5. | #5

Quote Originally Posted by Lutz Neweklowsky View Post
    No , I mean who can compose a mate-problem with more than 551 moves to mate , because at the moment my worldrecord with #551 in unbroken .

kindly regards
    Lutz
    Your world record? is it officially recognised? Do you have a plaque? Show us!

6. | #6

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Since 1889 the longest mateproblem was hold by O.T.Blathy ( the inventor of the transformator - a hungarian technicain ) with mate in 257 moves . 112 years later in the year 2001 I ( Lutz Neweklowsky - a german technician ) broke this worldrecord with my mate in 267 moves and you can find it in the english wikipedia under the word "chessproblem" ( the second diagram in the article )
    Since the year 2001 I improved my own worldrecord repeated and now the worldrecord is my mate in 551 moves from the year 2013 . All my worldrecords are correct and checked by special computers .

kindly regards
    Lutz

7. | #7

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    I also want to see the plaque or trophy proving the world record. That is am amazing accomplishment. Lutz, can you please take a picture for us?

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

8. | #8

Default The Real Thing - a GM

Now Alex, don't be like Basil Faulty when the (fake lord) visited their guesthouse and he was all overawed.

I also want to see the plaque or trophy proving the world record. That is am amazing accomplishment. Lutz, can you please take a picture for us?
    Just as in over-the-board play, the titles International Grandmaster, International Master and FIDE Master are awarded by FIDE via the Permanent Commission of the FIDE for Chess Compositions (PCCC) for especially distinguished problem and study composers and solvers (unlike over-the-board chess, however, there are no women-only equivalents to these titles in problem chess).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_problem
    For composition, the International Master title was established in 1959, with André Chéron, Arnoldo Ellerman, Alexander Gerbstmann, Jan Hartong, Cyril Kipping and Marian Wróbel being the first honorary recipients. In subsequent years, qualification for the IM title, as well as for the GM title (first awarded in 1972 to Genrikh Kasparyan, Lev Loshinsky, Comins Mansfield, and Eeltje Visserman) and the FM title (first awarded 1990) has been determined on the basis of the number of problems or studies a composer had selected for publication in the FIDE Albums. These albums are collections of the best problems and studies composed in a particular three-year period, as selected by FIDE-appointed judges from submitted entries.
    Each problem published in an album is worth 1 point; each study is worth 1⅔; joint compositions are worth the same divided by the number of composers. For the FIDE Master title, a composer must accumulate 12 points; for the International Master title, 25 points are needed; and for the Grandmaster title, a composer must have 70 points.

9. | #9

A million year mate! ETERNAL JOY BABY!

10. | #10

IM oN A HIGH HORSE

11. | #11

My one's longer!
    Even a blind chook, pecking at the ground at random, will eventually find food!

12. | #12

People like Kasparow or Neweklowsky need no FIDE - have a look at here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_problem (second problem) or here https://gameknot.com/chess-puzzles.p...sscode&m=0&s=9 (425 UNSOLVED problems)

kindly regards
    Lutz

13. | #13

Who is Neweklowsky?

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

14. | #14

Who is Neweklowsky?
    Lutz Neweklowsky

"Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

15. | #15