Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympiad head of delegation - call for expressions of interest

1. | #16

From chesschat

Quote Originally Posted by FlavidDude
    Manual Weeks and ian Rogers are obvious selections. Both have performed admirably in the past.

As far as the team selection is concerned this is a thankless task. No matter who the selectors pick there will be disagreements. Australian chess as a whole is steadily improving and in my opinion the candidates for selection are also improving. The task of team selection is not going to get any easier in future years. We really need to address the question of who are the selectors. I am not complaining about the current team as selected.

Personally I think that no state should have more than one selector. This may seem overkill but the selection of Australian cricket teams indicates that Victorians do not get a fair go from New South Welshmen. Again the present government spends far more on infrastructure in New South Wales than in Victoria. As for arts funding the bias in favour of New south wales is shonky.

I know that the New South Wales drongos think that coalition voters are rusted on and would not vote labour if hell was freezing over. May I suggest to any coalition voters that they make a protest vote by voting for the nationals This could cost the libs several lower house seats.
    My job is to carry relevant posts to Ozchess.

2. | #17

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    From chesschat

The Pit Bull crunches through the blubber and bone. Drilling down to the marrow of truth.
    Wonderful!
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

3. | #18
    Currently playing online chess at different locations.

Surely the ACF is not a mates club?
    AC: 20-6-20-> ...I did tell them how chess improves people in many aspects. I had better start buying their paper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread : 10