Thread: Who is Roy Sturgess?

1. | #1

Default Who is Roy Sturgess?

I have received numerous private messages and emails asking me about Roy Sturgess.

So here is a little background:
    Roy Sturgess is a 37 year old Insurance underwriter who lives in Cabramatta NSW with his wife Lisa and their two children Sasha and Imogene. In his spare time Roy is often seen in brightly coloured lycra, enjoying cycle roadracing and triathalons.
    He also has always had a love for chess and is currently rated in the 1800s on The Internet Chess Club.
    Now how did Roy make a name for himself in the chess world? Well, he worked his way up through The Man Fan Club to become Vice President of The Cabramatta branch and is likely the most outspoken and passionate fan in Australia. What originally prompted him to become a member? I'll let Roy explain in his own words:

"I first heard about The Man from watching The Caesar Tapes back in 2012. When i learned that he once single-handedly demolished an entire block of flats using only a sledgehammer, after he made a simple miscalculation in a tourney game, i knew he was something special. Some days later Caissa spoke to me in a dream saying that The Man was her long promised Son. I knew then that my path in life was set and have worked hard over the last few years in incorporating a religious aspect to the Club. I know there are those out there that think destroying both public and private property in the name of Caesar Son of Caissa is a bit over the top but it is only because they do not understand the significance of sacrifice. I wanted to change the name of the fan club to "Church of Caesar Son of Caissa" but was out voted at the last annual meeting."

I hope that in some way helps to satisfy the intense curiosity out there.
    Last edited by Axiom; 10-09-19 at 03:01 PM.
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

2. | #2

antichrist has asked me why Roy Sturgess does not appear on the Cabramatta electoral roll. The answer is because as Roy says "I want to keep as safe as possible from anti-religous extremists".

3. | #3

Default Time to speak out about Roy

I really probably should warn folks that Roy is also a very highly strung slightly neurotic control freak.
    And if that comment gets me in trouble then so be it!
    I think he has to get to grips with the fact that he is dealing with The Ax here!
    What do you all think?

I know Fg, MOZ, J2G, ac, and KB have all had some type of interaction with Roy. I certainly would be very interested in their comments about him .. and please don't be scared .. that's what he wants!

4. | #4

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    I have received numerous private messages and emails asking me about Roy Sturgess.

So here is a little background:
    Roy Sturgess is a 37 year old Insurance underwriter who lives in Cabramatta NSW with his wife Lisa and their two children Sasha and Imogene. In his spare time Roy is often seen in brightly coloured lycra, enjoying cycle roadracing and triathalons.
    He also has always had a love for chess and is currently rated in the 1800s on The Internet Chess Club.
    Now how did Roy make a name for himself in the chess world? Well, he worked his way up through The Man Fan Club to become Vice President of The Cabramatta branch and is likely the most outspoken and passionate fan in Australia. What originally prompted him to become a member? I'll let Roy explain in his own words:

"I first heard about The Man from watching The Caesar Tapes back in 2012. When i learned that he once single-handedly demolished an entire block of flats using only a sledgehammer, after he made a simple miscalculation in a tourney game, i knew he was something special. Some days later Caissa spoke to me in a dream saying that The Man was her long promised Son. I knew then that my path in life was set and have worked hard over the last few years in incorporating a religious aspect to the Club. I know there are those out there that think destroying both public and private property in the name of Caesar Son of Caissa is a bit over the top but it is only because they do not understand the religious significance of sacrifice. I wanted to change the name of the fan club to "Church of Caesar Son of Caissa" but was out voted at the last annual meeting."

I hope that in some way helps to satisfy the intense curiosity out there
    Roy is not someone who seeks publicity. Even your charming post about him will not go over well received. He values his privacy.
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

5. | #5

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    Roy is not someone who seeks publicity. Even your charming post about him will not go over well received. He values his privacy.
    Perhaps he should of thought of that before being so outspoken and ramming his religious beliefs down the throats of other members.

6. | #6

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    Perhaps he should of thought of that before being so outspoken and ramming his religious beliefs down the throats of other members.
    made the same mistake as JC

7. | #7

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    made the same mistake as JC
    They never learn do they mate ... they never f^@#&^%$# learn.

8. | #8

This is Roy's favourite song of all time:

9. | #9

Another of Roy's favourite songs:

Look say what you will about Roy, and i know many do, but you can't deny his taste in music.

10. | #10
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Look say what you will about Roy, and i know many do, but you can't deny his taste in music.
    I think we can.....not quite the Pogues...
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

11. | #11

Default The Man Breaks his Silence about Roy Sturgess!

The Man Breaks his Silence about Roy Sturgess!:

"It is embarrassing the way Roy carries on sometimes. I'm Caesar, i'm The Man, but that doesn't seem to be enough for some people. But do you know what, if he wants to worship me as the Long Promised Son of Caissa then i won't be standing in his way. If it gives him purpose and meaning in life and that little spring in his step as he goes about his daily business then so be it.
    Sure, i probably should apologise to all those affected by Roy's sacrificial attacks, for all those letterboxes, rock gardens and architectural fixtures now defunct. But i won't, because as we know, i myself in my youth took apart a few choice pieces of real estate.
    I say let's give Roy a fair go."

- James "The Man Caesar Son of Caissa" Morris
    Last edited by Axiom; 15-09-19 at 03:22 PM.

12. | #12

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Sturgess
    the significance of sacrifice

Members who have read this thread : 10