Thread: What would Peter have sponsored?

1. | #1
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Default What would Peter have sponsored?

Quote Originally Posted by hbp in the shoutbox
    [04-01-17 10:17 PM] hobsonbay player
    : Happy New year all ! talk about fireworks , Fire and KB still going hard at each other . You two should get in the ring and have a chessboxing match ! BG can pay for it
    Food for thought.
    Would Peter have supported chessboxing?
    FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

2. | #2
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Default Ted proposes a spend on a chessflaming match

[Yesterday 01:07 AM] HydraTED
    : The referee may impose an eight count against any player who is clearly concussed and unable to follow the birdie in the flamewar. If this happens the opponent is allowed to rearrange eight pieces by one square each [Yesterday 01:04 AM] HydraTED
    : If a player posts a music video, they are allowed to continue but must wear a tinfoil hat that covers their eyes for the rest of the contest
    [Yesterday 01:03 AM] HydraTED
    : If a player threatens the opponent with violence, the opponent gets to select one of the player's pieces, which the player is then required to swallow on their own time.
    [Yesterday 01:02 AM] HydraTED
    : In the flamewar section, a player loses if they call the opponent a fascist or rac*st, swears more than five times, or accuses the opponent of violating their right to an opinion
    [Yesterday 01:00 AM] HydraTED
    : A chessflaming match might be more interesting. Alternate chess moves with online flamewars.

3. | #3

Default Does Bill have a budget to represent Peter's sponsorship?

Financial Status
    In its financial year ended 31 July 2016 the NSWCA incurred a surplus of $832, excluding the first instalment of $300,000 from a bequest from Peter Parr. The balance at the end of the financial year was $97,956 plus the bequest. Since then a second instalment of $300,000 has been received from the bequest.

4. | #4

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    I was under impression from Matt that they had $75K. BTW what was in Peter Parrs will? did he leave big inheritance to NSWCA? have white ants got at it?
    Well, now you know.

5. | #5
    Currently playing online chess at different locations.

Hi Moz,

I know the answer to this question. Peter wanted the NSWCA to have a stand alone chess venue much like the Victorian equivalent of MCC,
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

6. | #6

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    Hi Moz,

I know the answer to this question. Peter wanted the NSWCA to have a stand alone chess venue much like the Victorian equivalent of MCC,
    I assume the NSWCA are working towards realising Peter's wishes.
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

Members who have read this thread : 12