Thread: The shoutbox is not working

1. | #1
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

Default The shoutbox is not working

Ok So ....BHP you have been posting on here. Did you notice how hard it is getting to find Ozchess on the search engines? Some would say deliberately misleading? As if an agenda was in play

Also the Shoutbox is not working? Have the bills been paid?
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

2. | #2
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    Ok So ....BHP you have been posting on here. Did you notice how hard it is getting to find Ozchess on the search engines? Some would say deliberately misleading? As if an agenda was in play

It was off the air for quite a while.
    Multiple issues.
    Most cleared.

Search for ozchess.com is the new approach to find.
    FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

3. | #3

"Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

4. | #4

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post

Hello Everyone, Firegoat7, Axiom, other notable and distinguished guests. I note even the ambassador from Xeronera has graced us with his presence today.

Yes, OzChess is back at it's foundational domain. The migration has led to minor things that need to be ironed out. The Shoutbox being the notable top priority. But rest assured, we're on it. Fixing things one thing at a time.

For nosey busy bodies who like to gossip and chatter for the sake of flapping their lips, yes. AussieChess dot com dot au was sold for a five figure sum. The new owner will develop that domain as they see fit. It was something of a hostile takeover, followed by a negotiated settlement. Because of certain factors, we were offline unexpectedly for a period of time and had to scramble to re-store our original domain and then migrate the site here.
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

5. | #5

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    Hello Everyone, Firegoat7, Axiom, other notable and distinguished guests. I note even the ambassador from Xeronera has graced us with his presence today.

Yes, OzChess is back at it's foundational domain. The migration has led to minor things that need to be ironed out. The Shoutbox being the notable top priority. But rest assured, we're on it. Fixing things one thing at a time.

For nosey busy bodies who like to gossip and chatter for the sake of flapping their lips, yes. AussieChess dot com dot au was sold for a five figure sum. The new owner will develop that domain as they see fit. It was something of a hostile takeover, followed by a negotiated settlement. Because of certain factors, we were offline unexpectedly for a period of time and had to scramble to re-store our original domain and then migrate the site here.
    Well done Alex! ..... and what is so great is that 5 figure sum will be plowed back into OzChess making it a shining pillar of the Australian Chess landscape.

6. | #6

We are getting closer to solving the Shoutbox functionality issue. Apparently, I am not the only one who has encountered this issue upon upgrading vBulletin to 4.2. I have sought help from someone who was able to solve the problem, but he hasn't logged into the main vBulletin website in about 2 months. Hoping to get it resolved soon.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

7. | #7

For nosey busy bodies who like to gossip and chatter for the sake of flapping their lips, yes. AussieChess dot com dot au was sold for a five figure sum.
    This is false. The domain was not sold at all. It remained registered to you until around the 12th at which point it ceased to exist. You were simply unable to renew it, possibly because of restrictions around use of .au domains.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

8. | #8

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    This is false. The domain was not sold at all. It remained registered to you until around the 12th at which point it ceased to exist. You were simply unable to renew it, possibly because of restrictions around use of .au domains.
    You're missing a huge piece of the puzzle, and are left with some pieces but not all. Nevertheless, Kevin 'The Detective' believes he has the 'full picture'.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

9. | #9

You're missing a huge piece of the puzzle, and are left with some pieces but not all. Nevertheless, Kevin 'The Detective' believes he has the 'full picture'.
    The deductive process goes something like this: How do you know Just2Good is lying? Answer: He has made a post.

#4 is just a retread of the sad nonsense you came out with during the embarrassing Stefano debacle. The fact is that at the time you claimed the domain to have a new owner it was still registered to you, and shortly after that the domain you claimed to have sold ceased to exist. So why should anyone believe anything you ever say?
    Last edited by HydraTED; 14-09-19 at 09:03 PM.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

10. | #10

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    The deductive process goes something like this: How do you know Just2Good is lying? Answer: He has made a post.

#4 is just a retread of the sad nonsense you came out during the embarrassing Stefano debacle. The fact is that at the time you claimed the domain to have a new owner it was still registered to you, and shortly after that the domain you claimed to have sold ceased to exist. So why should anyone believe anything you ever say?
    I'm sorry but i think you all too conveniently forget that you are dealing with not only the Smooth Operator here but indeed the Founding Father of OzChess.
    One really has to ask why you feel so compelled to adopt such an indulgently disrespectful attitude.

Also if i might add; wait till Fg hears about this!

11. | #11

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    I'm sorry but i think you all too conveniently forget that you are dealing with not only the Smooth Operator here but indeed the Founding Father of OzChess.
    One really has to ask why you feel so compelled to adopt such an indulgently disrespectful attitude.

Also if i might add; wait till Fg hears about this!
    I think Kevin got his detective license in a Weet-Bix box. By now they're probably calling him asking him to return it to them.

In other news, unfortunately the Shoutbox expert can only look at the site on Monday at the earliest. So no Shoutbox until then.

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

12. | #12

[FONT=Georgia]I think Kevin got his detective license in a Weet-Bix box.
    Anyone or anything that opens a Weet-Bix box has proven they have more than enough detective skill to see through you.

13. | #13

The Shout Box is Open

Here comes the Killer

Members who have read this thread : 6