Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Bon Ton" Quarantine for the Posters who make bad picture from our Ozchessforum.

1. | #1

Smile "Bon Ton" Quarantine for the Posters who make bad picture from our Ozchessforum.

I have long thought about what to do with the posters who attack Ozchessforum members.
    These posters usually come from other cheschating sides, including CC hydra's, making bad image of our Ozchessforum, by using profanity and insulting our guests, new and old members
    I have a suggestion that every time, if it appears, such a poster, in shoutbox or through his foul language message to put it in this quarantine box and state the reason.
    After that, each member need to decide, but what most will be taken into account are the words of the experienced members, to vote if the poster deserves to be quarantined.

Quarantine is not something like the other forum has, because this is a democratic forum and not of tyranny over the people. Quarantine will be a correctional facility and a chance for members who cross the line in his comments to prove that they can be treated with dignity. All members must keep in mind that we have young members so that we do not want to create a bad image of our forum.

The solution is very simple.
    Just another note, if someone tries to hall with a member that has nothing done then we will have his name put in the quarantine.OK, so what we need for the Quarantine: The name of the poster and the reason to put him in Quarantine.
    If he is guilty, we will put it on the list and making a line. This way we keep the list how many posters we had in this quarantine.
    What is actually Ozchessforum quarantine?
    Quarantine is ONLINE BON TON.
    What is * BON TON?
    Member who has not learned how to behave in communicating with people throughout his life and on the Internet, we will try to give him some lessons in our quarantine.
    If we are unsuccessful then it is on the moderators to decide what to do with such members.

Welcome to Ozchessforum BON TON - ONLINE.

*Also see;
    The name is a pun: bon ton means "etiquette" ("good manners") in French (also borrowed into some other languages), but also may be understood as "good sound

2. | #2

I am happy to nominate following members for BON TON Quarantine box:

1.Tom Crass and Tina Crass ( married ?)

- Accused of continuos swearing in the shoutbox

2. AntiKiller better known as AntKiller!

- Constantly attacking Ozchessforum members in shoutbox
    Last edited by Kings of chess; 24-05-11 at 08:06 AM.

3. | #3
    Currently playing online chess at different locations.

Hehe,

Nice to see some direct action from the members. I must admit the hydras have been over the top in their abuse (great pics BTW). Something does need to be done about their deliberate behaviour.

I and other regulars sometimes use similar language. I am happy to modify my bahaviour somewhat. However,I think it can be ok in the right context, and although crude is somewhat reflective of real societal language.The crass hydras are clearly a joke by someone that isn't that funny. They are way over the top. I would be more inclined to be lenient towards known posters and harsh on unknown posters.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

4. | #4

As would I goat!

5. | #5
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Kings of chess View Post
    I have long thought about what to do with the posters who attack Ozchessforum members.
    Ozchess moderators have shown good tolerance at various strategies used by new posters who want to test the the tolerance levels.
    For example, when an influx of hydras signed up just before the election of moderators there was a cordial welcome and a watching brief by Ozchess moderators. The integrity of the vote has not been questioned.

These posters usually come from other cheschating sides, including CC hydra's, making bad image of our Ozchessforum, by using profanity and insulting our guests, new and old members.
    While some posters are irritating they are usually not over the lines being managed by Ozchess moderators. I do notice some moderator actions taken to tone down some swearing.

I have a suggestion that every time, if it appears, such a poster, in shoutbox or through his foul language message to put it in this quarantine box and state the reason.
    After that, each member need to decide, but what most will be taken into account are the words of the experienced members, to vote if the poster deserves to be quarantined.
    Actually, the Ozchess moderators have quite a few software options available to them sort of like what you are describing.

Quarantine is not something like the other forum has, because this is a democratic forum and not of tyranny over the people. Quarantine will be a correctional facility and a chance for members who cross the line in his comments to prove that they can be treated with dignity. All members must keep in mind that we have young members so that we do not want to create a bad image of our forum.
    I think we should leave the choice of moderation action to Ozchess elected moderators. In my view, they have done a the job as they said they would in their election 'speeches', so far.
    FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

6. | #6

Default We respect our moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
    I think we should leave the choice of moderation action to Ozchess elected moderators. In my view, they have done a the job as they said they would in their election 'speeches', so far.

Thanks Gentlemens for your comments on this thread.
    MOZ, I would not like me assuming the role of moderator, but we can help them in this way.
    We know that our moderators respect democracy and they don't use force as a moderators of the other forum and other side of the world.
    (We do resepect many members from other chesschat sides and I do apologize if someone finds him offended).
    But we as members need to help our Moderators, since neither they can control everything, and this way they will have access to records that someone complained about someone.
    I think this is positive and we do not punish anyone but would like to give some members attention that we want to form an Australian forum with the reputation and good human relations.
    Certainly, on every little thing, we will not complain.
    I said once to "Just2Good", that I one day logged in and logged out of this Ozchessforum immediately when I saw the text in the shoutbox, not knowing that such a primitive language, are not actually used by the members of this forum and as always, by moderators and their servants from the other chesschat sides (trying to show us their really human characters in their hydra posters) .

As time goes by, it will show the strength of this thread!

We wish long life to Ozchessforum and Democracy in Ozchessforum!
    Last edited by Amir Karibasic; 25-05-11 at 12:00 AM.

7. | #7

Over last few years, I have seen the election system produce a first class series of mods. While I have not liked the few bannings, I wholly acknowledge that the forum has found a balance between competing ideals: freedom of speech Vs etiquette. In the absence of a significant crisis, I am loth to alter the status quo.
    The individual is hopeless without the group.
    The group is hopeless without its individuals.

8. | #8
    Currently playing online chess at different locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    Over last few years, I have seen the election system produce a first class series of mods. While I have not liked the few bannings, I wholly acknowledge that the forum has found a balance between competing ideals: freedom of speech Vs etiquette. In the absence of a significant crisis, I am loth to alter the status quo.
    I think it is important to acknowledge a key lesson learned. Running a forum that is pro-democratic, based on participative interaction, allows minority interest groups to conduct themselves in bad faith.

A key example here being both Bonham and Gletsos' behavior. We experienced first hand an attempt by them to rig our democratic elections with their vain idealism. They had no real interest in the democratic process. They simply wished to control another chess forum and the majority of its members. This is bad faith.

Now we have a similar example, where hydras are abusing the shoutbox for their own amusement. The question that needs to be asked is what is the motivation? Are they expressing themselves to say something in good faith or are they abusing the good faith offered to them for self interest?

I have no real problem with people swearing, but please take responsibility for that behavior. I don't think the current batch of hydras take any responsibility for that behaviour. Still, all that said, I find it more interesting intellectually as a curiosity, rather then feeling too offended or outraged by the behavior.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

9. | #9

I have always looked at the hydra/shoutbox stuff as just nonsense. I've never considered it my place to say anything about it though- I don't feel like I own the shoutbox and any time I've wanted to have a decent discussion there about chess I've been able to.

We can have a vote about when nonsense in the shoutbox goes too far if people think it would make ozchess a better place.

10. | #10

1. Tina Crass
    - broke out of BON TON Quarantine box around 2am on the 25/05/20010 and used foul language continously.
    However, she claimed she is pregnant and needs special treatment.
    Here is the proof;

[IMG]/http://www.clker.com/cliparts/7/9/9/a/1206558753142993286risto_pekkala_Pregnant_belly.sv g.med.png[/IMG]

Tina Crass is now back again in BON TON Qurantine Box.

We have arranged a doctor for her;
    Last edited by Kings of chess; 25-05-11 at 08:26 AM.

11. | #11

Tina's husband, Tom Crass is desexed.:
    Mod's please consider actions.
    Bye Bye Baby!

12. | #12

Now we have the following posters in the Bon Ton Quarantine:

1. Tina Crass (Tom Crass wife) - for break out of Quarantine around 2am and using foul language.

2. AntiKiller better known at shoutbox as AntKiller - for break out of Quarantine and harassing our prominent Ozchessforum members. Further, he pressed them to tell him how we were able to make this a democratic forum and to sell him secrets how to lead a successful chesschat.

We
    are

you.

Please let us know your opinion!

We would like to ask the OZchess moderators for a democratic solution to this problem.

Tom Crass (Tina Crass husband) behaved well last night and nas been released out of 'BON TON' Quarantine.
    Last edited by Kings of chess; 25-05-11 at 10:01 PM.

13. | #13
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Default The shoutbox and hydras

From time to time the shoutbox is used to test the tolerance of the Ozchess community.

Crassness
    I notice that moderators have intervened to star out excesses on occasion and culprit posters seem to have learned from this experience. I see no serious occurrences atm.

Denseness
    Edgar Kloonanni plumbed the depths of tolerance, and in the end seemed inoffensive.

Hydras
    Often used to keep the discussion on the message rather than on the man.

Qualifying for voting in the moderator election.
    The integrity of the recent election was exceptional in my view.

Soliloquys
    This seems to be a speciality of the sprout, not seen here; so, no problem.

Important information put in the sb, instead of filed in a tidy fashion in a thread.
    A practice that is downright anti-community on Ozchess because it is deliberately done for the ephemeral nature of the sb. But not a hanging offence.

Echoing and lack of creativity.
    Without naming names this appears to be a limitation of some recent additions to our poster community. Surely they will get better as they grow in confidence.

Youtube shouts.
    Have been valuable in exposing some gems; no problem for me.

Red font.
    Has been known to occur.

Over the top.
    Also known to occur.

In summary, I see no bannable practices.
    FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

14. | #14
    Senior Member Axiom Support Group's Avatar

Default Epigones

Quote Originally Posted by MOZ View Post

Echoing and lack of creativity.
    Without naming names this appears to be a limitation of some recent additions to our poster community. Surely they will get better as they grow in confidence.

A few epigones were noticed in the ASG exercise to welcome new members in the CLASS of get ready to vote for moderators at Ozchess.

For example

Captain U as an mimic of Captain Underpants.
    Sadly, on this occasion the epigone has not posted not shouted.

Another noticed was Heartmend Man as a tilt at Heartbreak Kid
    No post from this epigone either.

These incidences must mean something. But what to make of but 2 data-points?
    Make AXIOM a moderator and let real analysis cut the still night air.

15. | #15
    Senior Member Axiom Support Group's Avatar

Additional data points appear out of the woodwork as soon as one notices a pattern.

Seen tonight

Original: Top Gun
    Epigone: Top Gum

Original: antichrist
    Epigone: antikiller

The mimicry has a distinct clinquant look about it .
    Make AXIOM a moderator and let real analysis cut the still night air.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread since 03-03-20, 09:58 PM : 0

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)  (Clear Date)

There are no names to display.