Thread: Smerdon's Scandinavian

1. | #1

Crown Smerdon's Scandinavian

This looks like it might be the best chess book to arrive on the scene in years:

Grandmaster David Smerdon plays the Scandinavian, but not in the typically solid style of this popular opening. He gives the Scandinavian a welcome twist by using it as an all-out attacking weapon! The repertoire he presents in this book is an enhanced version of the one he has successfully employed at grandmaster level over many years. The backbone of his repertoire in the main lines is provided by the razor-sharp Portuguese and Icelandic gambits, while Smerdon also gives answers for Black against White's other options. Smerdon examines the most important games, presents cutting-edge theory and shares all his discoveries with the reader. This book tells you everything you need to know about successfully playing Smerdon's Scandinavian.

*A complete repertoire for Black after 1 e4 d5
    *Examines the Portuguese and Icelandic Gambits
    *Packed with new ideas and critical analysis
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

2. | #2

It arrived in 2015.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

Members who have read this thread since 23-11-19, 07:17 AM : 0

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)  (Clear Date)

There are no names to display.